Monday, September 18, 2006

Pommier en fleurs

This paiting was done by Piet Mondrian now i forget what year but it was probably before his complete primary abstraction
I did not particularly care for his work,but while reading about him stumbled across this piece.
I have found that my ignorance can lead me to create opinions I may like to change in the future.
Now ,when I see Mondrian's work, I will relate it something i like and maybe find relationships between his works
To get a good effect of this painting squint your eyes at it, and all middle values disappear and we are left with just the essentials Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Olga Norris said...

Have you seen Mondrian's flower paintings? I think that you might like this one for instance:
http://alloilpaint.com/flower/zflower25.jpg

Anonymous said...

This a beautiful piece Amber.I think that sometimes we don't like a certain thing and don't really have reasons for it.I have noticed there are many people like this.It's a real shame and can be to such a degree, as even being prejudice towards others.

Thanks for sharing Mondrian's work today !

I found this painting by Mondrian that I find is simply beautiful.
http://www.artchive.com/artchive/M/mondrian/mondrian_amaryllis.jpg.html

amber said...

Thanks for those images Very interesting
I guess I had not seen all of Mondrian works

Lori Witzel said...

Kewl y'all mentioned his gorgeous flower paintings. They sorta of blew my mind re: my ideas about Mondrian back when.

And I read he was quite a fan of jazz, and dancing. When I see his very spare primary grids, they always remind me of bright jazz rhythms from the mid-30s to the mid-40s.

Such austere art with such a lively heart!

Anonymous said...

Although the lot of square-look-alike paintings can be have a clinical feel and lack skill and personality sometimes, I have to say I found this beautiful piece you have posted attractive straight way. It is stunning and has a spirit… not sure about the flower paintings either…

Anonymous said...

Amber, I love that. I'm going to research Mondrian. It's wonderful to see all the things I never would have If we didn't share. Thanks! Squirrel